Aspect’s multi-commodity framework was built to support trading across industries and products, including oil, metals, biofuels, softs, agriculture, emissions, coal and freight. AspectCTRM manages different commodities at the same time, as our larger clients trade and manage diverse portfolios. As trading picks up for new products in new markets, and regulations play a large part, the need for managing diverse portfolios becomes more important and AspectCTRM is designed to meet these demands.
Our customers cite our one-platform access for multiple commodities and solutions as a major benefit and convenience for their back and front office teams.
AspectCTRM can be customized and tailored to different business types, as no business, even in the same industry segment, works the same. Our engineers have developed common workflows and processes in the system to address a large percentage of requirements in trading and risk – with add-on components and workflow configurations available for specific company needs.
AspectCTRM provides customers with varying multi-commodity trade and risk support including:
- Gain an aggregated view for risk analysis across multiple commodities
- View multiple commodity positions in real-time
- Easily combine physical and financial reporting
- Model complex trade types and deal structures
- Configure flexible user permissions and detailed audit trails
- Access and archive documentation for contract support
- Perform stress tests and sensitivity analysis
- Tightly manage counterparty credit
- Accurately manage cash flow and profitability
- Profitably perform hedging
- Integrate market data and analytics package AspectDSC or other vendor systems
Control and transparency are the keys to any successful trading operation. Here are the building blocks without which one cannot establish proper corporate governance and best practices. When I joined TNK one of my first priorities was to implement a new system of operations control through ASPectCTRM, which now, in my opinion, is the best in the market. It allows tracking of movements at any time: what was sold, who the seller and buyer were, and what the market situation was at that moment, and all this marked-to-market. Transparency is one of the keys to making the right decisions, absolutely vital in a competitive market in which one tries continuously to optimize results.
We looked at a number of alternatives but felt that Aspect’s SaaS approach was the best fit with our needs. It’s proved highly affordable, very fast to implement and it’s enabling us to more accurately monitor our exposure and manage the business more effectively. Having talked to other Aspect users, we have confidence in the solutions’ ability to support us with additional functions as we continue to grow.